- huge thunder storm at 0100 with torrential rain (luckily I’d put my fly on before going to bed)
- late start with breakfast at 0730 – packed lunches for the bus journey
- for some strange reason Dominic decided he wanted to ride – the whole point of the bus is that it’s not safe to do so, so I have no idea why he wanted to
- round the outskirts of Abidjan and it became apparent why we were in a bus!
- poshest hotel / campsite we’ve had. Quite a few people have taken rooms, but they’re expensive, and the camping looks fab anyway on our island
- Dominic didn’t enjoy his day and got in looking tired and harassed
- relaxing afternoon getting a couple of blog posts and a few work shores done
- surprisingly warm Atlantic ocean when I went for a swim
- great dinner provided by the resort – they pulled of feeding 50 people a fully plated two-course meal in under 20 minutes – unheard of in Africa!
- Australian Kevin and I managed to work out how to dismantle the path lights so it wasn’t as bright as day in our tents!
View from my tent
Selfie of the day
No riding today!